Veneers & Lumineers in Sacramento, CA
- LumiSmile. Click here to learn more.
- Minimally Invasive
- Porcelain material
Although Lumineers and Veneers can both improve your smile by hiding dental flaws, they differ in procedure and how they affect the state of the original tooth. Before you sign up for either procedure, you should review your options. We’ve provided some basic similarities and differences below, but if you are interested in either veneers or Lumineers, be sure to consult our team of experts before you decide which treatment option is right for you. Every person’s teeth are different, and you need a personalized consultation before you undergo any cosmetic dental procedure.
Porcelain Veneers are a cosmetic and functional solution for a wide variety of dental concerns.
- Incredibly thin, custom-tailored, tooth-colored shells that bond to existing teeth, veneers provide completely unnoticeable new tooth surfaces.
- Porcelain veneers are slimmer, stronger, and far more similar to a natural tooth surface than other veneers.
- Your veneered teeth will form your own, completely natural smile – just whiter, straighter, and more symmetrical.
- Veneers require some removal and reshaping of the original tooth (or teeth).
To create a natural appearance that isn’t bulky or overly large, the dentist will remove about 5mm from the tooth’s surface. Enamel is removed, leaving the tooth unprotected until the veneer is applied. So, if the veneer needs to be removed in the future, the tooth will be unprotected once more. As a long-term solution, this permanent removal of enamel may be concerning to some patients. Veneers can be placed in about two visits.
Lumineers are highly effective porcelain veneers: the thinnest and longest lasting.
- You can completely reshape and brighten your smile with the Lumineer process, and all without spending days in the dental chair.
- Our Lumineers provide the same function as porcelain veneers, but they are not as invasive. The original tooth is left unchanged, and the enamel is not damaged, which some patients prefer as a long-term solution.
- To achieve this, Lumineers are much thinner than veneers (they’re about as thick as a contact lens), but they’re still strong and durable.
- Like standard porcelain veneers, Lumineers offer the best of both cosmetic and functional dentistry by enhancing your teeth aesthetically and structurally.
Lumineers can also operate on a purely functional level: if you are completely satisfied with your current teeth but experience worn dentition or enamel loss, Lumineers can provide you with an entirely new tooth surface without altering the appearance of your smile. Lumineers are so thin and adaptable that they won’t be seen in your mouth.
Benefits of Lumineers include:
- Thin and Natural-looking
- Translucent and White
- No-staining and Non-sensitive
- Painless and Non-Invasive
- Permanent and Strong
- Affordable and Easy Process
In general, the main advantage for Lumineers is that they are one of the most minimally invasive products.
When it comes to dental veneers, people know they can depend on the quality Arden Park Dental Care provides. If you are looking to enhance the appearance of your smile and teeth, contact one of our office staff and we will be more than happy to get you in for a consultation to determine which treatment option is best for you.
What can I expect with Veneers and Lumineers
Another thing to bear in mind about Lumineers is that any tooth preparation is minimal. With traditional veneers we need to prepare your teeth under a local anesthetic, removing some tooth surface so your new veneers will not look too bulky or unnatural. Due to the ultra-thin design of Lumineers, tooth preparation is often not needed, preserving your natural tooth structure so this treatment could be reversed at some point in the future if needed.
Digitally designed, your new Lumineers will fit exactly over the front surfaces of your teeth, giving you a flawless and long-lasting smile. They will immediately feel natural and comfortable and should last for many years before you have to think about replacing them, as unfortunately, no tooth restoration will last forever.
Traditional veneers are typically about 0.5 millimeters thick, whereas Lumineers are contact lens thin, they generally are 0.3 millimeters thick. Many patients and dentists prefer the Lumineers brand over traditional veneers because they’re thinner and easier to place on the teeth.
Benefits of Veneers and Lumineers
It is obvious that CEREC Same-Day Crowns offer numerous advantages. Due to it being based on the latest technology, patients can have their teeth fixed without any hassle within a matter of a few hours. Below, we outline the advantages of getting your Same-Day Crowns at Arden Park Dental Care.
They have a natural appearance and are comfortable
Because they are so thin and fit perfectly on your teeth, you may not even feel the difference compared to natural teeth. Moreover, they are made from porcelain, giving them an appearance that is highly similar to natural teeth. No one will be able to tell the difference.
They are made of a thin layer of porcelain
As mentioned earlier, veneers and Lumineers are made from a thin layer of porcelain, making them extremely comfortable and natural-looking in appearance. Lumineers are even thinner than traditional veneers, with a difference of 0.2 millimeters. Both are lightweight and fit perfectly.
They will not lead to staining or discoloration over time
If you have veneers or Lumineers, the good thing is that they will not stain or discolor over time. They will be just as shiny, bright and white as they were the first time you had them on, provided you maintain them regularly.
They are long-lasting, strong, and easy to maintain
Since they are made of porcelain, veneers and Lumineers are strong and durable. Usually, they last for about 20 years if you take care of them properly. You don’t have to take any additional steps. Just maintain them, as you would your natural teeth. Brush gently and floss every day
They are made specially for you, to give you the perfect smile
A flawless “Hollywood smile” can be yours with veneers and Lumineers. At Arden Park dental care, Dr. Formoli will customize your veneers or Lumineers especially for you. This highly personalized service ensures that your new teeth will fit you without any issues, that they are comfortable, and give you a bright, beautiful smile.
Before and After Lumineers
Very happy patient received 6 Dental Veneers from Dr. Formoli
Are you a suitable candidate for Veneers or Lumineers?
If you can answer “yes” to any of the following, then you are a suitable candidate for veneers or Lumineers. Make sure to consult with Dr. Formoli first for a detailed evaluation and recommendation on which treatment option would be the best choice for your unique dental condition.
- You have misaligned, crooked teeth that you wish to improve the appearance of.
- You want a brighter, whiter smile.
- You have gaps between your teeth that you want to be covered
- You have a stained or discolored tooth or teeth that you want to be fixed.
- You have a chipped or cracked tooth that you wish to repair.
If you would like to find out more about veneers or Lumineers or to schedule a consultation, contact Arden Park Dental Care today and one of our office staff will get back to you shortly